Monday 14 January 2008

Rapists do read, right?

So...I got to this article in the Guardian from The F-Word and couldn't help being slightly amused. The concept is that police in rape cases are planning on using a controversial new technique (borrowed from the US) to catch the perpetrators. Victims are asked to make a phone call or send a text message - such as "how could you do this to me?" to the accused rapist, in the hope of getting a response that amounts to an admission of guilt.

It's an interesting idea, and I really hope it helps, because I think we can all agree that more approaches to solving rape cases are needed. But for me, the story does beg the question...what if the aforementioned rapist reads the Guardian?

That might sound flippant, but how do you know?!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I missed you! Haha.