Tuesday 3 July 2007

So...I am now employed in pensions and investments for the summer, which has been a bit of a culture shock for the last few days. It involves being awake, fed, dressed and groomed by 8am (rather than the usual 9/10/11am etc) and such things. I'm not gonna go into what exactly I do or where, as I have signed an alarming number of forms and they basically mean, as far as I can work out, that no one is liable if the company decide they don't want me, and there's a whole bunch of reasons why I could upset them. So not that I am exactly in a position of huge importance, but I'm leaving it out anyway.

What I have learned, at least, is that the Financial Services Authority own everyone's backsides in the pensions world, and that investment types aren't happy unless every other word used in a report or conversation is an acronym. Everyone I work with is lovely, or I would probably enquire whether they'd feel happier calling me by my initials.

I may have a few posts planned, so hopefully I'll post a bit more regularly when I've got more used to waking up and going to sleep at more regular times. I have beautiful new wireless internet which I will no doubt pay homage to later as well.

Oh, and did I mention how much I am in love with The Goo Goo Dolls' Dizzy Up The Girl? Well...I am.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is SUCH an amazing album! I have been having an alarmingly obsessive love affair with it since at least last November. Kudos! Whatever those are.