Wednesday 7 March 2007

Tea and thoughts

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
- Jack London

Ironically. I came across this quote while looking through the ...in other words... archives for inspiration.

I wanted to blog about something interesting today, but there's nothing that springs to mind. I went to the gym for an hour and 45 minutes, which was pretty cool as I didn't think I had the stamina to do it. Was a bit tired afterwards but I'm feeling OK. A killer headache has just materialised in my brain though, sadly.

I 'phoned a friend' earlier when I realised that I hadn't had a proper conversation with anyone all day. She's really busy with college and stuff, and we were talking about how you can see so many different people and be busy with so many different things, yet never end up actually spending time with people. Bit sad really. I've been trying to make a bit more of an effort recently - when I remember I need to email someone or call them or just drop a message by, I'm trying to actually get round to it. It always amazes me how grateful people can be for it. It's incredible to think that in this age of so many different methods of communication, it's still so easy to feel lonely in the midst of a load of people. Often when I pick up the phone I discover that the person on the other end was just in that place. I wonder if this is a bit of a national/worldwide thing. Seems to me that these days everyone's so busy trying to keep on top of life (and I don't deny it can seem an endless task) that we forget to just sit around and talk sometimes.

As an avid tea drinker, you'd think I'd remember it more. After all, tea is made for those brief sit-downs in which to connect with people and catch up with them. Hmm, that can go on my imaginary list of why tea in all its forms is so cool. Perhaps I should take to wandering around the city centre with a teapot, advocating a tea break to all the hardcore shoppers elbowing each other out the way. Perhaps...

* * * * *

Listening to: White Ladder - David Gray
Feeling: Oww, my head hurts
Wanting: Some galaxy chocolate...

No comments: