Thursday 15 February 2007

Hello world!

I like...Staying up til 2am. Late mornings. Toast. Tea. Swedish ginger holiday hearts. Ikea. Beer tents. Fitting all my shopping in my cupboard. Lecturers who play Dolly Parton songs in lectures. Hamsters. Post-it notes. Train journeys. Emails. Hugs. Church communities. Being sent sweet & sour chicken. Pink lamps. Unconditional love. Communication. Dancing in the rain. Pillow talk. 10 mph signs. New CDs. Pink wrapping paper. Shoeboxes. Jaffa cakes. Power showers. Organic red wine. Digital cameras. Beads. Photographs. Tesco Value. Rubber ducks. Magazine subscriptions arriving.

I don't like...Bread going mouldy. Running out of milk. Being laughed at in shoe shops. Not affording more boots. Towels that leave fluff everywhere. People being insecure. Female hockey players using the astro-turf in front of my window. Stuffy academic writers. Gigs selling out. Bands only playing in America and London. University launderettes. Forgetting people's names. Dilemmas. Festival shower facilities. People who 'hate' marmite. Small fridges. Slow postal systems. Forgetting birthdays. Living off someone else's money. Computer cables. Never having a camera at the right moment. Writing bad poetry.

* * * * *

I think of myself as a quirky young woman who has a lot to say about life, the universe, and pretty much everything. Not because I want to shove my opinion in anyone's face, but because I'm intelligent and I like to learn about stuff and think about it. I want this to be an outlet for me to write about whatever I want. I enjoy life - things constantly amuse me and interest me, and I love it. I reckon that everyone's got something to say and I resent it when people imply that somehow you can't have insight into *real life* unless you've been rebellious, got yourself into trouble, all that. Being hardened to life doesn't make you an expert on it.

I've recently become interested in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator which purports to show an individual's personal preferences as far as how they think, feel and act is concerned. I'd take a look if you get a chance - I've found it really interesting. I am a mix of the INTJ and the INFJ types. I am the 'Mastermind' and the 'Counselor' - the 'Rational' person and the 'Idealist'. I have a scientific side that appreciates the need for logic and intellect and establishing facts and pattens. But I can also empathise, and don't believe in compromising my ideals, which can lead to some stubbornness.

And you know what? I like myself this way.

That's all for now. Hopefully my stream of random thoughts will start appearing here soon.

* * * * *

The Blogthings.com "What's Your Personality Type?" quiz tells me:

You Are An INFJ
The Protector

You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.
Independent and stubborn, you rarely stray from your vision - no matter what it is.
You are an excellent listener, with almost infinite patience.
You have complex, deep feelings, and you take great care to express them.

You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.

* * * * *

Listening to: Come What(Ever) May - Stone Sour
Drinking: Clipper Green Tea with Lemon
Feeling: Stiff from going to the gym 3 times this week

No comments: