Sunday 18 February 2007

More memes...

I suppose the first one explains why. And on a side note, I'm not sure if it's etiquette to use memes from different places in the same blog, so hope no blogging feathers are ruffled there.

I'm feeling very happy and content as my parents and younger brother are visiting my twin brother and I - we're both here at the same uni - and it's always great to see them. I am lucky enough to not only have a very supportive and loving family but also one where we share quite a lot as far as outlook on life and sense of humour are concerned. Come to think of it, I suppose the supportiveness and similarities probably both lead to the other. There's a thought. Though I was glad I returned to my flat when I did tonight: I knocked for my flatmate when I got in and it turned out that she was cleaning her bathroom and hadn't realised quite how strong the stench of bleach was. So I was able to save her from asphyxiation and, as a result, also got to learn how that word is spelt. So yeah, things are good and I'm looking forward to a peaceful and imminent night of sleep!


* * * * *

(this one's from blogger seeds)

How do you decide what to blog about?
I am very new to blogging so at the moment I'm using memes to get me writing. I'll get onto other stuff in due course, I think. It'll often be stuff that makes me laugh or makes me think during the day - I have a tendency to be amused by random facts or things I see, and I love to share. Even if this often gets me bemused looks. And, of course, I will probably end up including stuff that interests me on my course. Sometimes it can be a bit boring (the language stuff in particular) but a lot of the time I love it and want to think about it more.

Any inhibitions?
I'm perfectly happy to be myself and be open about my personality and what I'm like as a person, but I don't want to get too into specifics about things that happen in my relationships. I want to be totally accountable and therefore don't, y'know, want someone I know discovering my blog and being all "on that one day you moaned about me not doing the washing up" or "you wrote about my boyfriend problems when I told you in confidence" or whatever. For instance, I admire the honesty of Girl with a one-track mind who is well known for her 'sex fiend' blog, but I'm at a stage in my life when I want to be quite innocent in what I write, as I have so many years left yet for it to catch up with me!

* * * * *

(from Daydreaming on Paper)

Who gave you your name and how did they choose it?
My parents jointly decided on my name. I don't know that there was a very specific reason, though of course I will ask now! My middle name is the same as my auntie's first name, so I guess there's probably an influence there. Interestingly, 'Lucy' comes from the Latin for 'light' and is generally taken to mean 'bringer of light' or similar. When I was baptised 5 years ago I was given the verse 2 Corinthians 3:18 and I've always liked the way that it contains an image of light.

* * * * *

(from Sunday Spur for Scrapbookers)

Four jobs I have had in my life: delivering Lidl leaflets, shop assistant in gift/card type shop, library assistant, data entry
Four everyday things I couldn't live without: tea, laptop, academic diary, keys
Four movies I could watch over and over: Amelie, Dirty Dancing, The Cat's Meow, The Italian Job (new version)
Four places I have lived: Southampton, Cardiff...that's it!
Four places I like to shop: Tesco, H&M, Primark, Accessorize
Four TV shows I love to watch: The OC, Friends, ER, The Mighty Boosh
Four places I have been on vacation: Dartmoor, Inverness, France, Italy
Four websites I visit daily: Googlemail, Random Acts of Reality, Reuters, MySpace
Four of my favorite foods: pasta, chicken, melon, toast
Four things I want to do/see in my lifetime: pay off my student debt, go to Venice, get a house with a huge bed and a really suave coffee maker, get married

* * * * *

Listening to: How to Save a Life - The Fray
Drinking: Lukewarm tea
Feeling: Very full (but satisfied) because I've eaten a LOT today

No comments: