Friday 1 June 2007

Get it away!

You know it's not good when you get up and turn on the TV and even the Big Brother housemates are asleep.

I should add very swiftly that I didn't watch them intentionally! - I turned on the TV and it simply came up with the the last Freeview channel that I'd watched. My thumb has never moved so fast to switch channel! I don't think I'll say any more about the horror that is BB, lest I end up contributing to what is no doubt already a huge area of internet debate. All I can say is that I didn't need even my local paper to have the launch in it. Also, I've lived for the past 9 months or so as part of a group that is mostly made up of 10 girls. And, good as uni's been so far, I am slightly amazed that the producers of the show think that 11 women living together is going to be all fun and frolics. It ain't.

As I type this, I do have another TV-related observation to make. (Yes I've had it on a lot but no one's around so I need the company!) My oh-so-clever observation is that it is simply too early in the morning by my standards for the music channels to be playing Rihanna's 'Umbrella'. Oh, wait, no...there is never a time of day when seeing her dance suggestively down an umbrella could be a good thing, tepid romantic lyrics or not.

One music video that I did get excited about when I first saw it the other day was the new Maroon 5 song. I quite liked them last time they were around, so I had high hopes. But I'm not sure about this one. I liked the song and the lead guy's voice, but I wasn't convinced. Not that I know much about putting songs together, but I really felt that his voice was too weak against the music. You don't listen to it and pick up the words, really. In fact, I have no idea what the song's about. Not a great way to get people to sing along to your new song!

Right, time to turn the TV off and do some work, I reckon. Well, maybe after I've eaten. I have been up for 2 hours, after all.

No comments: