Monday 4 June 2007

No milk for Monday

Right, so I forget the Monday Melee for the billionth week. But I did like doing it before, so I'm gonna try and cheat and submit this blog entry as if it were yesterday. Sneaky stuff!



1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
Students in halls who make a ridiculous amount of noice when they get in at 2 in the morning...and then don't stop for over an hour! 'Nuff said. I'm in a bad mood.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Revision is clearly phony. It would much better for me to go and nap in the park with a thermos and a picnic. (But I won't.)

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The milk had vanished from our fridge this morning so I'm drinking black coffee with sugar, which was the only viable alternative to tea without milk. And it just doesn't taste as enjoyable. It tastes like something you'd drink if you were pulling an all nighter to work and had to keep awake. Which isn't the case as I am in need of sleeping better at the moment.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
One of my friends has taken to texting me most nights to check I'm alright and not working too hard, which is nice. My last exam is on Saturday and I'm living and breathing language revision 24/7 right now!

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I reckon I'm learning to control my bad moods better. Sure, I still vent to people sometimes, but I think I've got better at not inflicting my sporadic grumpiness on whoever is nearest.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
For the job interview I'm going to be in at this time next week to go well and for me to actually have a job for the summer.

* * * * *

Listening to: Come What(ever) May - Stone Sour
Last ate: Toasted bread roll with marmite. No milk for my cereal.
Thinking: My chest muscles hurt from the gym last night. Didn't even know my chest muscles existed!

No comments: