Sunday 15 April 2007

Can I just mention...

...how much it amuses me that Prince William's split from his girlfriend is in the headlines of my news feeds for the second day in a row. I don't think I've ever had this happen to my headlines, except for cases like political crises where the situation has developed overnight.

What exactly is being updated here? They haven't turned round and said that they've made a terrible mistake and want an imminent engagement, right? So basically all I'm being updated with is more quotes on why they might have split up. Excuse me, but they were together for 4 years and were just about to experience the joy that is the long-distance relationship. Do we really need to ask why they might've decided to call it a day? And if it wasn't for those reasons, do we really need to analyse them til we figure it out? Thought not. And if anyone can explain why the BBC quoted someone from Hello magazine I'd appreciate it.

No comments: