Monday 9 April 2007

Ever so slightly single-minded

Just enough time left in my area of the world to do The Monday Melee...

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
Teenage girls that deicde to bring their mum to an Arctic Monkeys gig and let them dance wildly in front of particularly small members of the audience. Brownie points for mother-daughter bonding, but minus several hundred for totally blocking my view of the Sheffield lads and also getting me hit in the arm a few times.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The people selling knockoff band t-shirts outside the venue. Much as I'd like to get a cheaper one, I'd feel bad if my money was ending up nowhere near the actual band. Though the bands could do with bringing the price down a bit - the face value of my ticket was £19.50 and the official t-shirts cost £17.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The fact that I am home alone and very hyper still, but with no one to express this fact to.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
The Arctic Monkeys!!! Because tonight was a fantastic night and they put on a really good gig. And Alex said nice things to the audience. And happens to have a very gorgeous voice.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I remembered to buy bread, milk and juice today, so that my parents don't come back from Spring Harvest to an entirely empty fridge.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
For my videos of the gig to play on my laptop so that I could share them online, despite the understandably dodgy sound quality.

No comments: