Thursday 5 April 2007

Hangin' around

Answering a few days of Question of the Day.

What color will we never ever ever see in your wardrobe?
Yellow. I don't think I have ever possessed anything in yellow, and I don't intend to start now. In fact, I think the only yellow clothing I own is my grey and yellow striped knee socks. Which are sort of retro so it works. But yellow is just never going to look good on me - I am incredibly pale and, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

What is one item that you own that has minimal monetary value, but has such sentimental value that you wouldn’t sell it for any amount of money?
I have a little koala soft toy that was in my incubator with me after I was born. It even has one of those hospital wristbands around its neck, saying who it belongs to. I like the fact that it was in there with me even when I was basically in a hi-tech plastic box. And it's gratifying to see that I am now a lot bigger than it.

Does killing time damage eternity? What do you do to kill time?
I don't know about damaging eternity. I mean, what does that entail? But I do think it can be a bit rubbish from the point of view that there's often way more productive things that you could be doing! Which is hugely hypocritical coming from a student who is very good at killing time, I realise. I do often think that I should pick up the phone and call a friend instead of staring blankly at *just one more* episode of ER. But there you go. My killing time usually involves the Internet - wandering through blogs, checking the news headlines...and, that student staple, going on MySpace. No, I know, I'm not proud of it. But it keeps me in touch with people, alright? (As you can tell, I'm slightly sensitive about being called part of the MySpace generation as if I don't have an IQ.)

* * * * *

Thursday Thirteen - #87

13 things, constructive or otherwise, that I could do this week while my family are all busy:

  1. Watch rubbish daytime TV
  2. Do my Language essay
  3. Do my two Cultural Criticism essays
  4. Bake things
  5. Watch old Disney movies and reminsce
  6. Get up to date with paperwork stuff like my mobile phone contract
  7. Take lots of baths
  8. Attempt some form of exercise
  9. Drink the bottle of wine that my parents bought me
  10. Back up my laptop files
  11. Invite my friends over and watch endless amounts of DVDs
  12. Spend my student loan online
  13. Drink lots of real coffee from the coffee machine

* * * * *

Listening to: E4 Music
Drinking: Spanish orange juice
About to: Use a facial steamer thing to try to ease my very attractive hacking cough

No comments: