Sunday 8 April 2007

Hmm

It is only now that I'm getting round to some contemplation. The folks down at Minehead started today with a 7am service on the beach. Me? I started the day at 8.30am, sleepily shoving coffee and croissants in my mouth before jumping in the shower to be ready for church on time.

This is the first time in 8 years that I have been at home on Easter Sunday. I spent the previous 7 at
Spring Harvest. Which by my maths also means that I have been a Christian for 7 years. It's funny to think of my tiny blonde self making that commitment all those years ago with no idea what was ahead, just knowing that it was the right thing for me at the time.

In many ways I feel like this should be some kind of birthday celebration. Of course, sat here with my cup of tea and easter egg remains, it is not exactly that.

But I still reckon that it's good to have done something with my life that, 7 years later, still seems like a good thing.

No comments: