Monday 16 April 2007

D is for Dangerous

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
The seeming inability to have clever academic theories AND write about them in a clear and concise manner. I've just made my way through a Judith Butler reading which just makes the mind boggle. She's got some interesting ideas but they would be so much more powerful if she used the occasional everyday word to talk about them.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The facility to listen to previous Radio 1 shows online - it's telling me that I'm listening to Jo Whiley's show from this morning, but it can't be it because I already listened to it and it doesn't sound the same at all. Yeah, I am such a cool person that I feel the need to listen to the Arctic Monkeys' Live Lounge performance twice in one day.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
It's all sunny outside and I've just been offered a trip to Borders in Southampton which would combine my joint love of books and coffee, but instead I am staying home to continue my essay on sex and gender for Cultural Criticism. Hmmph.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
Edith on Radio 1 has literally just started playing the Arctic Monkeys cover of that Amy Winehouse song that they did this morning. Result!! Good woman.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I intelligently figured out that working my way through my entire bag of dark chocolate covered espresso beans from Whittard would not end well (i.e. with a rather hyped up Lucy) so I let my mum eat some.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
Haha, Alex Turner. 'Nuff said. For his voice and the fact that he isn't yet confident enough to not sound nervous on the radio.

* * * * *

Listening to: Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys (YouTube has spoilt the surprise there)
Drinking: Redbush tea with lemon
Feeling: Fuzzy headed from too many hours working. Wimp!

No comments: